Because we are an online school, you must have a computer with an Internet connection, a headset with microphone, and a webcam. Your computer must also be able to run the required versions of Maya. Below you can see a list of all the hardware and software requirements you will need:
Operating System Requirements (One of the following)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- Apple Mac OS X 10.8.5, 10.9.x, or 10.10.x
- Apple Mac OS X 10.15.x Catalina
- Note: If using Catalina you will need to use Maya 2020 or later. Earlier versions of Maya are not compatible with Catalina.
- 4 GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
- 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor
- Headset with microphone
- Three button mouse (a two button mouse will not work with Maya)
- 4GB of free disk space for installing Maya
If you're unsure that your system meets the required hardware to run Maya, please make sure to look at the Maya system requirements as well as Autodesk's recommended system hardware page. (We recommend matching to the latest Maya version requirements. This is to ensure that when later versions are supported, your system will be able to run them)
Broadband Internet: 1 Mbps download and 600 kbps upload or higher recommended*
*Use Speedtest.net to check your Internet speed. Be sure to choose the San Francisco server for best results.