Because we are an online school, you must have a computer with an Internet connection, a headset with microphone, and a webcam. Your computer must also be able to run the required versions of Maya. Below you can see a list of all the hardware and software requirements you will need:
Operating System Requirements (One of the following)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- Apple Mac OS X 10.8.5, 10.9.x, or 10.10.x
- Three button mouse
- Headset with microphone
- 4 GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
- 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor
- 4GB of free disk space for installing Maya
If you're unsure that your system meeds the required hardware to run Maya, please make sure to look at the Maya system requirements (We recommend matching the Maya 2016 requirements despite requiring students to use Maya 2015. This is to ensure that when Maya 2016 is supported, your system will be able to run it) as well as Autodesk's recommended system hardware page.
Software - Supported Maya Versions
- Maya 2015 (Maya 2016 & 2017 are not currently supported)
Software - Other Required Software
- Apple Safari, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox
- Flash Player (updated to the latest version)
- Acrobat Reader
- WinZip or 7Zip
- Keyframe MP
- VideoPad Home Edition
- AMP (provided in the Tools section of the AM Campus)
- AM Menus (provided in the Tools section of the AM Campus)
NOTE: AMP and the AM Menu are only available to students of the main Animation Program and Creature workshops. If you are taking one of the other workshops you will not need those tools.
- Broadband Internet: 1 Mbps download and 600 kbps upload or higher recommended*
*Use Speedtest.net to check your Internet speed. Be sure to choose the San Francisco server for best results.