Pose libraries are useful pose shortcuts to use when animating in Maya. We've provided some eye, hands, and mouth shapes for many of our characters.
We are using the Studio Library plugin for Maya to handle our pose library. Setup requires downloading/installing the plugin, and then downloading our pose library presets.
Installation and Setup:
Studio Library Plugin for Maya:
- Visit http://www.studiolibrary.com/download to download the plugin.
- Follow the instructions on that page to copy the plugin files to the correct location.
AM Pose Library:
- Download the Pose Library for our character rigs.
- Extract the archive to your desired location, such as your /Documents/ folder.
- When you first run the Studio Library setup script you will be prompted to choose a default location for the assets. If you browse to the AM Pose Library folder, it will automatically pull in the poses for our rigs.
- You can otherwise create a new folder and then copy the individual pose libraries over.
1. Upon first running the python script you should be prompted with the following screen.
2. Name your library, and click the … under Location to browse to the AM Pose Library.
3. You should now have the pose library available for use.
- Q: The Pose Library is empty after I set it up.
A: Make sure you have unzipped the Pose Library assets first. They will not work if they are still in the zip folders
- Q: I get a "No objects match when loading data" error when I try to use the Pose Library
A: Try selecting the "Use Custom Namespace" option then make sure to choose the name of the rig in the dropdown below it.
If that doesn't work, try the "From Selection" option, select some of the controls, then click the Apply button for a pose and you should get a menu appear with the option "Select Content". That should allow the pose library to recognize the rig. Then you should be able to switch back to the "Use Custom" option and choose the rig name again from the dropdown.
- Q: The Pose Library isn't working properly when using Darius with the other acting rigs.
A: This is a bug between Darius and the other rigs (due to how he was built by the rigger). You need to go into "Windows > Settings/Preferences > Preferences > Settings > Working Units" and switch the Linear option from "foot" to "cm".